This pressure sensor is special because it comes with a metal port! Unlike other pressure sensors, you can easily attach a tube to it, to measure air pressure inside a close space. In particular we think this would be a great sensor for use with making DIY assistive tech "Sip & Puff" interfaces, or measuring the pressure within a vacuum chamber or other pressurized container.
Unlike most ported pressure sensors, this one uses I2C, it's really easy to use with any microcontroller. Inside is a silicone-gel covered pressure sensing gauge with a pre-calibrated and compensated 24 bit ADC. We have example code and libraries for Arduino or CircuitPython/Python. You can measure absolute pressure 0 to 25 PSI, which is a great range since ambient pressure here on Earth is about 14.5 PSI.
- A silicone-gel covered pressure sensing gauge with a pre-calibrated and compensated 24 bit ADC
- Measure absolute pressure 0 to 25 PSI
- The port is made of stainless steel and is 3.7mm long and 2.5mm diameter
- 3.3V power regulation and level shifting
- Uses I2C address 0x18
- Product Dimensions: 17.8mm x 16.7mm x 7.5mm / 0.7" x 0.7" x 0.3"
- Product Weight: 1.1g / 0.0oz